About Us

Our History

Dr. Steven M. Wilson founded Wilson Eye Center in 1981. In 1981, our building was located on Wayne Avenue with only 1100 square feet which included one exam room, one pretest room, one doctor and only one employee. In 1988, Wilson Eye Center moved to our current location on Patterson Street where a larger office of 2,350 square feet allowed Dr. Wilson to offer a higher level of customer service. Since that time, our office has undergone 4 expansions. The most recent expansion, in 2009, nearly doubled the size of the office, which now totals 12,000 square feet and houses 12 exam rooms, 6 pretest rooms, a surgical suite, two contact lens training rooms, an optical lab for preparing and finishing glasses, and over 2,000 square feet of optical dispensary.

Through the years, the office has grown from the original one doctor, one employee practice to a large multi-doctor office. Dr. Cynthia Harris, Dr. David Price and Dr. Jodie Norman have all joined Wilson Eye Center. Our management team consists of Heather Gaskins, Medical Department Manager; Brenda Powers, Optical Department Manager; and Daryl Thomason, Chief Financial Officer. We now have 35 staff members, a state-of-the-art optical lab, and over 4,000 frames in our optical dispensary. In 2010, Wilson Eye Center launched the first ever optical delivery called eyePOD (Personal Optical Delivery). We are proud of our growth and owe it all to our patients. Our doctors, management, and staff strive to maintain Wilson Eye Center's reputation for professional, quality eyecare.

Wilson Eye Center has been voted "Best Eye Center in South Georgia" for 15 years. We are honored and feel that this award is possible because our focus is on keeping our patients the number one priority.

View our office hours.

» Click here for more information about our doctors and the rest of our team.

back to top